Tuesday, December 27, 2011

EMLYN CHAND-FARSIGHTED REVIEW

FARSIGHTED

Alex Kosmitoras’s life has never been easy. The only other student who will talk to him is the school bully, his parents are dead-broke and insanely overprotective, and to complicate matters even more, he's blind. Just when he thinks he'll never have a shot at a normal life, a new girl from India moves into town. Simmi is smart, nice, and actually wants to be friends with Alex. Plus she smells like an Almond Joy bar. Yes, sophomore year might not be so bad after all.

Unfortunately, Alex is in store for another new arrival—an unexpected and often embarrassing ability to “see” the future. Try as he may, Alex is unable to ignore his visions, especially when they begin to suggest that Simmi is in danger. With the help of the mysterious psychic next door and new friends who come bearing gifts of their own, Alex must embark on a journey to change his future.


MY THOUGHTS:

This book was a nice read. This is a great Young Adult book for readers interested in paranormal ideas. I especially liked the use of Runes at the start of the chapters as Runes are one of my favorite metaphysical items. The use of one of the Nostradamus quatrains also pleasantly surprised me. I think the idea of a boy who is blind seeing past/future events is intriguing. Alex drew me into the story and really spoke to me with the teenage angst. I am looking forward to the next book in the series and hope the Nostradamus quatrains and rune references are used again. I would recommend this book for young adult to adult readers who are interested in the paranormal as well as readers who are interested in runes and Nostradamus prophecies. I gave this book 4 fairies for the spiritual/romance mix.
 



FIND EMLYN HERE:
All my links can be found here:
http://www.emlynchand.com/media/

Twitter: @emlynchand

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the review, Heather. I'm glad you enjoyed Farsighted and am especially happy you understand the research that went into it. You're the first one to ever pick up on the Nostradamus and one of very few who understood why the runes were present. Nostradamus will be a staple in the series, but the runes were for Farsighted only. I will use another psychic tool to structure the next book, and another for the book after that. Thank you again for the wonderful review, and if you have a moment, I'd love for you to cross-post on Amazon and GoodReads. Every little bit helps, and I'm very close to 100 reviews on Amazon, yay!

    Emlyn :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting concept of a blind guy who yet can "see" into the future. Sounds like an interesting read. Great review, Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting:)