Saturday, August 13, 2011

The River Review by Cheryl Kaye Tardif

REVIEW OF THE RIVER BY CHERYL KAYE TARDIF

Del Hawthorne is a professor of anthropology. Her world is turned upside down when an old friend of her father returns. This wouldn't be so unusual except they have been dead for the past 7 years. He tells her an unbelievable story about her dad still being alive and that she has to stop the CEL. Thus, this begins her journey to follow her father's last trek. She takes along with her a group of travelers who each have their own unique part of the story. As they get closer to their destination, they find that her father is in indeed alive and in charge of a sinister secret project having to do with stem cells research and nanotechnology.

I enjoyed this book as it drew me in from the first page. I was a little confused towards the end of the story because it went off on a different vein than what I expected but it ended up evening out and it finally made sense. The intricate storyline kept me turning the page and I read this book in 2 days.

I would recommend this book to people who are into thrillers.

I give this book 5 faeries for the clear plot-line and interesting character development.


2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for the awesome book review, Heather. :-)

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read. I love a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting:)